Related Content on this Site:
Documents to Read or Download:
1. 4 reasons Cisco’s IoT forecast is right, and 2 why it’s wrong, Steven Max Patterson | NetworkWorld | April 2017
An article on the Internet of Things and energy consumption from industry’s perspective.
2. Climate Change, 5G and the Internet of Things
This 2-page colour fact sheet from Environmental Health Trust shows how the unbridled energy consumption of 5G and the Internet of Things contributes to global climate change. The five blue boxes along the right side of its first page are hyperlinked to research studies.
3. How smartphones are heating up the planet|The Conversation|March 2018 | Lotfi Belkhir, Associate Professor & Chair of Eco-Entrepreneurship, McMaster University
A report on a recent academic study showing how computer technologies are contributing to climate change.
4. The Environmental Footprint of the Digital World Study
This study, conducted by GreenIT.fr between December 2018 and July 2019, measures the environmental impact associated with digital equipment on a global scale. It looks at both the global digital footprint in 2019 and its evolution from 2010 to 2025.
5. The Wireless Cloud, CEET, University of Melbourne
The energy consumption of the “wireless cloud” (the sending of data by wireless means) exceeds the energy consumption of data centres by 10X, as shown in this report from the Centre for Energy Efficient Telecommunications.