1. #Trees, Not 5G
Drawing attention to the effects wireless frequencies have on nature, plants and trees.
Environmental Groups, Neighbours, Local Government.
Be impeccable in the content you share. Do not presume that images of cut trees found on the Internet are linked to 5G (even if they say they are : ). Draw on what you know to be true based on what you see in the real world around you.
Spring 2021, with a focus on Earth Day – April 22 and Arbor Day – April 30.
Learn more about this Issue:
- Launch a Hashtag Campaign #Trees, not 5G. Learn how HERE
- Use the Meme at the top of this page (download it HERE) as a visual for your online campaign
- Launch a Letter Campaign to Environmental Groups & Government Using this Trees Not 5G Fact Sheet. Find Templates for letters to Environmental Groups HERE.
- Coordinate a Tree Planting Event on private land that borders the public Rights of Way. Learn more about how to organize a Distributed Action like this HERE
- Organize a Public Art Intervention around this Theme. Invite children to draw pictures of trees and attach them to utility poles and other places where 5G transmitters will be installed. Be sure to include the Hashtag #Trees not 5G on their artwork.
- Share images of any events you organize on social media and with the Press.
2. Sign the Suspend 5G Appeal
Launched by CALM and seven organizations from across Canada, over 20,000 people have signed the online Urgent Appeal asking the Government of Canada to suspend the 5G rollout and to choose safe and reliable fiber connections.
Federal Government and your MP.
Sign the Appeal HERE. Be sure to check the option to have notice of your signature sent to your MP.
Invite others to sign by sharing the Appeal through email and on social media.
When Life Gives You Lemons…..
3. “Follow the Lead of Pitt Meadows” Campaign
Encourage your local government to follow Pitt Meadow’s example, and pass a resolution and write provincial and federal leaders voicing their concerns about microcells and 5G.
Campaign ends on December 31, 2021